I am in the final phase of development for a KickStarter campaign for a card game called “Corporate Monsters” developed by my game company “Patchy Beard Games.” A signup form is available for receiving updates on our KickStarter launch date here.
Additionally, Corsair Studios is providing web design, development, SEO and support to Mamas Uncut, LLC, who provide a forum for mothers around the world to connect, ask questions, and share personal stories.
2012 – 2019 VP of Ad Product & Ad Operations, RockYou (then later Wild Sky Media)
Projects at RockYou included the following roles:
- 2017-2019 – Managed the design and completion of an open RTB and Header Bidding Ad Server for video and display ads with a team of 7 engineers and 2 QA leads.
- 2017 – Designed and launched a new corporate website for RockYou.com, while managing day-to-day ad operations and production.
- 2017 – Promoted to VP of Ad Product and shifted focus from day-to-day operations to product strategy.
- 2014 – 2016 – Assumed the day-to-day lead of ads with 13 direct reports from multiple departments including engineering, publishing, QA and ad ops.
- 2013 – Joined the ads team as the product lead.
- 2013 – I was given one month to consult as creative director on a struggling Facebook game, KartWorld, to increase engagement and player retention. Both of these metrics improved by over 300% by the end of this period.
- 2013 – Designed and launched MovieBlitz, a movie trailer trivia game for iOS, Android and Facebook. Directed a small team of local engineers, artists, and QA to complete the Facebook version, while remotely directing a team of developers to create the iOS and Android versions.
- 2012 – Hired by RockYou as a producer to work directly with AMC (NYC) and Eyes Wide Games (Atlanta) to produce The Walking Dead Social Game for Facebook.
- 1999 to 2011 – Worked for several video game startups including Zono, Asap Games, Angel City Games and Sunwheel Studio which launched a variety of games for PC, console, and social.
- The Fast & The Furious (later Faction Racing) for Facebook (Asap Games & Sunwheel) – A racing RPG where players buy and customize cars to complete missions and compete against other players from around the world.
- Pool Club for Facebook (Asap Games) – One of the very first social pool games for Facebook. It included standard multiplayer as well as custom powerups and minigames.
- Gossip Town for Facebook (Angel City Games) – A social game where real-life gossip is used to compete against other players.
- Tip Top for Facebook (Asap Games) – A casual “Match 3” type of game where players align objects and powerups to complete levels.
- Alien vs. Predator: Extinction for Xbox and Playstation (Zono) – A licensed real-time squad-based strategy game.
- Metal Fatigue for PC (Zono) – A real-time strategy game involving giant piloted robots on 3 different layers of combat. Recently re-released for PC on GoG.com and Steam.
- Pearl Harbor: Zero Hour (Asap Games) – Top-down arcade shooter that includes a reenactment of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Maintained its top ten spot of pc game sales for three months when it debuted in 2001.
- While working as a Quality Assurance Supervisor for Virgin Interactive Entertainment during the late 90s I contributed to a large number of titles that cycled through our department. Below are some of the more notable ones.
- Resident Evil (PC)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PC)
- Toonstruck (PC)
- GrandSlam Baseball (PC, consoles)
- NHL Powerplay (PC, consoles)
- Subspace (PC) – rereleased as Continuum by Sony
- Golden Nugget (PC, consoles)
- Disney’s Hercules (consoles)
- Broken Sword I & II